This week’s FWD covers the latest tests from Instagram as the platform leans into the authentic social shift influenced by BeReal and has started to test two new features; Roll Call and Glimpse Stories.
‘Roll Call’ would enable group chat members to request all participants to add a photo or video of themselves to the chat within 5 minutes. The ‘Glimpse Stories’ feature uses the front and back cameras to demonstrate what users are up to at any given time.
- Meta threatens to remove news content from Facebook if a new law passes in the US, giving organizations more power to negotiate larger ad revenue shares.
- Disney advertising enhances its clean room capabilities with a VideoAmp partnership creating audience-based matches across platforms.
- ONEFIT offers users personalized digital workouts. The web-based service includes a virtual assessment and coaches the user based on their personalized fitness plan.
- Meta publishes a new guide outlining the key factors influencing consumer decisions in the modern era.
- Instagram has started testing new DM labels to help manage customer interactions in the app, with a prioritization system.
- Twitch details several analytics updates, including 6 insights pages; Achievements, Discovery, Earnings, Engagement, Overview, and Stream Summary.
- Snapchat has started testing a new in-app currency called ‘Snap Tokens’, allowing users to unlock digital goods.