A different type of release has come from Google in the form of a short film called ‘This is my YouTube’ that explores how users – with different backgrounds, jobs and interests – are connecting and using the platform.
- Facebook lends a helping hand ? The social media platform has organised various free educational sessions to take place throughout August with the aim to support black-owned businesses.
- WhatsApp clears things up ? With the help of Google, WhatsApp users will be able to search for more context on a link that has been forwarded to them. Take that, misinformation!
- Snapchat faces the music ? The app will be testing a new feature that lets users set their Snaps to music, a rival concept to TikTok. Get ready to put on your dancing shoes.
- Disney+ just keeps on booming ? The Walt Disney Company’s CEO, Bob Chapek, announced that Disney+ has more than 60.5 million paying subscribers. People just can’t get enough.
It’s a dog’s life with Obe ? The Obe Smart Bowl is the ultimate tool for all pooch owners. With the help of a smartphone app, the system will monitor your dog’s meals and overall wellness. Sounds PAWsome!
- Last year, 78% of U.S. holiday shoppers used three or more different channels to do their holiday shopping.
- According to recent figures released by Ofcom, Zoom users in the United Kingdom went to 13 million in April 2020.
- According to Twitter, the daily tweet volume of the trending topic ‘camping’ rose by 67% between June 2020 and July 2020.
- According to Pinterest, the number of male users on the platform has jumped nearly 50% in 2020 compared to 2019.