This week’s FWD firstly covers, Snapchat and LaLiga joining forces in a new partnership bringing football content to millions of fans on the platform. The agreement is a step forward for LaLiga in its strategy of digitalization and reaching young audiences.
“This is Snap’s very first partnership with a major European league and the beginning of a new way for football fans to experience their sport, whether that’s watching match highlights or playing with and sharing immersive football AR experiences,” said Alejandro Arenas, International Sports Partnerships, Snap Inc.
Snapchatters will be able to enjoy the best moments of the game through a dedicated Discover Show called LaLiga Show Time, as well as Stories and Spotlight content posted via the LaLiga Snapchat account.
- BBC Earth partners with Minecraft for Frozen Planet 2, including 5 free worlds featuring immersive content, and game-based learning resources.
- Kanye West has announced is he buying Parler, the “free speech” platform. The deal terms have not been released yet, but the start-up has so far raised $56m.
- XFARM is an app-based agricultural IoT platform. The platform “created by farmers for farmers” helps farmers digitize their businesses to quantify crop production and business growth.
- Netflix’s ad-supported plan will launch in November for $6.99 a month. Ads will be 4-5 minutes long per hour streaming.
- Twitter is developing a new feature for users to control who can mention them, with the potential to curb harassment and bullying on the platform.
- Barilla debuts a bot and an open-source device for cooking pasta with 80% less CO2e, to become more sustainably innovative.
- Microsoft partners with Meta (who have just launched the quest pro VR headset) to bring teams, office, windows, and Xbox to VR.