This week’s FWD will firstly cover the latest BeReal user statistic for Q3, which shows only 9% of users are opening the app daily. BeReal demonstrated significant traction across other metrics, topping 53 million worldwide installs, and monthly active users jumping by 2,254% since January 2022.
New research from Sensor Tower, hypothesizes that the design of the app may be the limiting factor – users can only see other users’ content if they post themselves. Research indicates users are downloading the app out of curiosity, then abandoning if they don’t end up enjoying the experience.
- Snapchat is planning to introduce parental controls in India. This comes hot on the heels of parental controls being launched in the United States.
- TikTok’s latest ‘Photo Mode’ allows still images in the app. Users can share a carousel post of still images, with the option to add music.
- Adalo, having recently secured $8M Series A funding, is a no-code app builder with an easy-to-use interface providing solutions to the complexities of app building.
- UK’s media watchdog, Ofcom, says one-third of under-18s are using social media with falsified adult ages.
- TikTok introduces new editing tools to give users more creative freedom, allowing users to easily adjust clips, sounds, images and text.
- Instagram tests out new ad options, including explore placement and interactive AR displays.
- YouTube launches @ handles, making it easier for creators to direct viewers and interact across other YouTube features.