This week we have an update on Meta’s ongoing efforts regarding Russia and Ukraine – an operations centre staffed by experts from across the company, to monitor the platform around the clock, allowing Meta to respond to issues in real-time. Meta has also added several safety features in Ukraine and Russia, including the ability for people to lock their Facebook profiles. The company is taking extensive steps to fight the spread of misinformation and implementing more transparency and restrictions around state-controlled media outlets.
- Apple has said it will pause all product sales in Russia, heeding requests from Ukrainian officials to take action against the country in response to its invasion.
- The main problem facing users is the complexity of blockchain. In response to this issue, the world’s first NFT vending machine has been created.
- Bril is a smart toothbrush case that is able to sterilize toothbrushes daily. The case is equipped with Ultraviolet (UV) light to kill 99.9% of germs, including bacteria and viruses.
- After 26 complaints, The Advertising Standards Authority has banned Innocent Drinks ‘Little drinks, Big Dreams’ ad due to greenwashing.
- 73% of users feel a deeper connection to brands they interact with on TikTok, compared to other platforms.
- Meta has released their Q1 2021 widely viewed content report showcasing the highest viewed content.
- Reddit introduces a new discovery tab, where people can explore and engage with hundreds of thousands of users.