Discovering businesses on social media just got serious! Instagram has added a new ‘map search’ feature in Australia and New Zealand, which enables users to discover locations of interest on an in-app map. Reports say the handy feature will be rolled out to other regions over time. WhatsApp has also joined the club by testing a directory feature that allows users to scan through and contact local shops and services.
- YouTube’s first-ever podcast! 🎧 Originally famous for watching, YouTube is now embracing the listening world. New episodes will be released every Wednesday, starting September 22nd.
- TikTok tests pinned video clips 📹 The feature lets users pin selected videos to the top of their profile display, helping show specific content to profile visitors. Great for giving more control to users.
- Snacking just got way easier 🍪 Snackpass is an app that allows users to “skip the line, collect reward points, and get discounts at restaurants” nearby. With 500k+ users and counting, this social food ordering service allows users to see what their friends are eating, and to order food and drinks for each other.
- Time to get real. A survey by Stackla showed that 83% of people believe retailers need to provide more authentic shopping experiences.
- Facebook found that more than 6 in 10 people across all countries want more information about climate change.
- Are you ready for some serious shopping? TikTok found that 35% say that they will have bought their Christmas gifts by Cyber Monday.
- A LinkedIn study shows that 63% believe Thought Leadership provides proof that an organisation can solve business challenges.