In the lead up to this week’s inauguration of the 46th US president Joe Biden, clients and social networks prepared for possible disruptions. Read the full analysis in this week’s Rapid Response. In the wake of recent events, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and others have changed approaches to content of concern as pressure continued to increase.
As the companies rolled out these new measures, regular updates continued in the background – scroll down to discover the latest Snapchat and YouTube updates and meet the mobility start-up focusing on innovating transport for the environment.
- View count now visible on Snap ? Similarly to TikTok, Snapchat has added a feature that displays a view count in the lower left of the screen, providing more context as to each video’s popularity.
- YouTube becomes shop savvy ? The OG video platform is piloting a new way for people to easily discover and purchase products featured in YouTube videos. Watching is the new shopping!
Electric = zero emissions ? Introducing Arrival! Arrival is a mobility start-up focused on transportation innovations that emit zero emissions. They produce products, such as electric vans and buses, for communities around the world.
- A Think with Google study shows that searches for the phrase ‘fitness apps’ in the Google search engine, have gone up by +200% YoY.
- Personalisation is changing how people shop for tech. A Pinterest study with technology shoppers found that 50% choose devices to match their style.
- According to the Edelman Trust Barometer, 63% of Americans believe that brands issuing a statement in support of racial equity need to follow up with action.