As we approach the final weeks of 2019, the time has come to reflect on the year that has been, starting with YouTube‘s “Rewind 2019: For the Record” that highlights the platform’s biggest creators and trends in 2019.
Still hungry for more video content? TikTok has released their own TikTok 100, a year-in-review list that names the top videos, genres, creators and memes that shaped the fastest-growing platform of the past year as well as their predictions for 2020.
- Be conscious – Support local!? Just in time for the holiday season, Pinterest’s new curated marketplace gives smaller merchants a boost.
- Self-Care on Instagram ? After removing ‘likes’ recently, Instagram continues to work on their perception by releasing a guide for Parents & Teens.
- Follow my tracks! ⛷️ This month, Uber are trialing an Uber Ski icon for US customers to pick a ride with a ski/snowboarding rack.
- 3D, but make it fashion ? Snap teams up with Gucci on limited-edition 3D AR Spectacles, which are hand-painted in highly saturated tones.
- An early analysis of fashion shopping habits globally this holiday season shows mobile phones account for 67% of traffic to fashion retail sites and 52% of sales revenue.
- Reddit has recorded a massive 30% YoY increase in monthly active users to 430m.
- Celine Dion stars in Instagram’s first ad promoting in-app shopping – the ad features 18 brands.
- Our collective ‘degrees of separation’ have shrunk over the past five years. Social media has officially reduced the 6 degrees of separation to 3.4.