Despite the global outage earlier this week that reportedly caused a loss of $6 billion, Facebook released new features to facilitate cross-app group chats between Facebook Messenger and Instagram Direct. This is all part of Facebook’s broader messaging integration plan announced in 2019, to simplify cross-communication between Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Twitter Professional Profiles ? A Professional Profile will display business information on profiles and provide a ‘Shop’ or ‘Newsletter’ option for those that have a Revue newsletter.
- YouTube TV shoppable ads ? YouTube is making an essential shift from ads on laptop and mobile screens to TV, after a boost in audiences choosing to watch videos from their sofa.
Health tests made easy at home ? Everlywell is an at-home health testing company, offering test kits for general wellness, men’s health, women’s health, energy + weight and COVID-19. Users mail completed test kits to the lab, which are reviewed by a network of doctors.
- With over 774 million members, LinkedIn has assembled the world’s largest professional audience via social media.
- Data doesn’t have time to sleep. For example, every one minute that goes by, TikTok users watch 167 million clips.
- NFT’s have really taken off this year. In the first half of 2021, NFT’s (non-fungible tokens) garnered a large $2.5 billion in sales.
- Insight from MediaRadar has found global video game advertising rose by 17% year-on-year between January and August 2021.