From lavish affairs to intimate gatherings, coronavirus means a lot of weddings were abruptly cancelled. But one couple didn’t let COVID-19 ruin their love story. Janna and Stefan from Maryland virtually walked down the aisle on Nintendo’s Animal Crossing. Who said romance was dead?
Tim Burgess has been keeping the essence of rock ‘n’ roll alive during lockdown. The singer-songwriter hosts listening parties on Twitter every night to keep the community jamming together. At least there won’t be danger of a mosh pit happening…
- Missing your daily commute? ? Who remembers having your face buried in an armpit? Well have no fear, TfL has released Zoom backgrounds so you can re-live your favourite transport moments.
- Spotify to keep the magic alive ?Harry Potter fans are in for a treat! J.K Rowling is releasing a collection of free initiatives to keep spirits up at home. Don’t miss out on the weekly surprises…
- Make sure you look smart! ? Digital recruitment is very much real. LinkedIn has made upgrades to the process using the latest AI video technology. Are you camera-ready?
- You’ve got to pay on the door ? You better start saving those pennies because Facebook are charging. Businesses will be able to charge users an entry fee for live online events.
- The 2019 IAB UK Digital Adspend Study shows that 56% of digital advertising is now on smartphones.
- Yelp has released a customised banner feature that has helped 224,000 businesses post coronavirus updates to their profiles.
- Only 7% of UK marketers say that they are taking a more strategic approach to invest more in marketing during a pandemic.
- Facebook has released a new chatbot, Blender, that used 1.5 billion Reddit posts to help recreate empathy and personality.