Social distancing has really inspired people to put their thinking caps on. Even Drake has started to look at online behaviours differently. His new single, Toosie Slide, was created to be used on TikTok and has seen him quickly rise up the charts.
Facebook, traditionally a platform to connect with friends, is now taking a step into the gaming sphere as they race to develop an app for creating and watching live gameplay. Staying in means more time for gaming, right?
- Levi’s has taken over TikTok ? Despite closing most stores, Levi’s is one of the first to introduce the ‘Shop Now’ feature to its presence on the booming video platform.
- Pinterest supports small biz ? Search volume for small and sustainable businesses has skyrocketed over the past few weeks. The Pinterest Shop provides access to both in one place.
- Alexa – you sound different! ?️ A new long-form speaking style has been developed to create a more natural reading voice for longer pieces of content, like podcasts and articles.
- The return of Animal Crossing ? Brands are quickly jumping on the Animal Crossing bandwagon. The Nintendo game has resurfaced during lockdown and brands want a piece of the action.
- According to Vogue Business, as of late March, online revenue for apparel brands was down 11 per cent year-on-year.
- Twitch, the leading site for streaming game play, has had traffic shoot up by 19.7% with more people staying at home and gaming.
- A Twitter panel showed that 77% feel more positively about brands that are making an effort to support society during COVID-19.
- Snapchat says that it saw a 37% increase in Snaps sent using an AR Lens during late March, compared to late February.