“Are you sure about that?” is the new question Facebook will be asking, in order to monitor the spread of misinformation on the platform. Facebook Newsroom announced on Twitter that it is testing a pop-up that asks users if they are sure they want to share an article that they haven’t opened. The aim is to help people become more informed about the content they choose to share. #EducationIsKey
- Pass me the Twitter Tip Jar ? Twitter has created a new way to reward good content. Payment platforms include PayPal, Venmo, Patreon, Cash App and Bandcamp (all region-dependent).
- Instagram recognises pronouns ? Pronouns in an Instagram bio have become commonplace — so much so that there is now a dedicated location for users to add pronouns if they wish.
Business but made better ? Encircle is an app that enables all stakeholders, that are a part of a reported insurance claim, to work collaboratively in one user-friendly platform. It allows instant sharing of pictures, videos, reports, sketches, etc.
- “Hey guys” was found to be the #1 YouTube vlog greeting in 2020, which accounted for 36% of the top five overall greetings.
- IAB finds that about three-quarters (73%) of CTV buyers said they’re shifting their spending away from broadcast and cable TV.
- E-commerce on Snapchat is continuing to grow. 59% of Snapchat users plan to use the platform when shopping for the next sports season.