Content creators are taking centre stage on social platforms. After TikTok set the precedent, Facebook and Instagram are now working on tools that will help creatives make more money, including a marketplace that will match brands with appropriate creators. This is a match made in heaven for those looking to organise influencer partnerships. Click here to read more.
- Mental Health Awareness on FB 👫 Facebook has launched Emotional Health, a centralised resource to support people with their mental health providing information from experts.
- Caption options on Instagram 📱 Instagram is making its Stories and Reels more accessible with the launch of a new “captions sticker” that will allow users to watch without having the sound on.
Visit the virtual farmers market 👨🌾 Local Line is an e-commerce platform that allows farmers to connect to consumers; helping bridge farm-to-table solutions. Used by 8,100 farms across North America, the platform is offering automated inventory, order management and direct-to-consumer purchasing.
- Video content is soaring. YouTube’s Q1 2021 results showed that the platform brought in $6 billion in ad revenue for the period, up 49% year-on-year.
- Twitter users are climbing again following a slump in Q4 2020. With 199 million Monetisable Daily Active Users (mDAU), there are signs of momentum.
- The Workplace by Facebook collaborative software tool now has 7 million paid users, which is up 40% over the last year.