In this week’s FWD, we cover the launch of McDonald’s new ‘Trick or Eat’ Halloween game, in which app users can choose either ‘Trick’ or ‘Eat’ on the app to reveal deals on menu items and the chance to win a McDonald’s VIP Gold Card. The mobile app game encourages users to get into the spooky spirit whilst driving app growth and engagement.
Scroll down to discover more updates from Chipotle, BeReal, Gillette and Slurrp, the AI-powered recipe aggregator.
- Chipotle’s Halloween activation encourages users to take a BeReal in costume in-store for the chance to win 52 free burritos for a year.
- Gillette creates the first ever NFL live broadcast mixed-reality commercial. Viewers watched the new razor being built live in front of them.
- Slurrp is an AI-powered recipe aggregator that recommends custom recipes based on the user’s preferred diet, fitness goals and/or taste preference.
- YouTube announces new design changes and UI updates, including pinch-to-zoom, intended to make the app feel ‘cleaner, more lively’.
- Pinterest collaborates with The Louvre for a video series, to launch its new video content approach/strategy.
- Meta shares new insights in the ‘Performance 5’ report, to improve ad performance amid privacy and system changes.
- From November 23rd, TikTok will increase its streaming age to 18. To access Direct Messaging users must be 16+ and 18+ to send virtual gifts.