This week’s FWD covers the latest in generative AI technology. Google will be adding its own generative AI elements in Google Workspace to provide assistance across Gmail, Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, and more, as shown in this short video.
Workspace will be rolling out throughout the year to trusted testers allowing users to “draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize” in Gmail, “brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite” in Docs, autogenerate images and video with Slides, have Sheets create formulas autonomously, automate transcription notes in Meet and “enable workflows for getting things done” in Chat.
- Open AI has released its latest AI model, GPT-4, now available in Chat GPT. The model exhibits human-level performance, reaching professional and academic benchmarks.
- McDonald’s Taiwan has created downloadable wallpapers for phone home screens to drive digital donations to the Ronald McDonald House Charities and will also serve as digital lottery tickets.
- SafetyWing offers health insurance for “digital nomads” – people and remote teams needing flexible insurance that will work in multiple countries and will soon offer remote virtual doctor visits via their online platform.
- TikTok adds science-based STEM feed to promote educational content, covering science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Reddit announces the shutdown of ‘Reddit Talks’. the platforms audio social feature launched in 2021.