This year we have been catapulted into virtual reality, as our lives have become more virtual than ever before.
Social media platforms and brands are welcoming us with open arms; from Facebook delving into the VR world to Ikea creating a virtual influencer. Read on to find out more about what the «new normal» is in the technology world.
- Something new is on the horizon ? Facebook is stepping into the virtual reality world. Horizon, the new social VR experience platform, will soon enter the closed beta stage. Would you try it?
- Meet Imma, the virtual influencer ? Imma has just under 250,000 followers. However, she isn’t real. Ikea created her to showcase new products in a way that has not been done before. Genius.
- Between March and July, 56% of the 2,000 adults surveyed said that they had visited their local convenience store for the first time.
- Globally, people have raised over $100 million for COVID-19 related fundraisers on Facebook and Instagram since January 2020.
- The video-sharing social network, TikTok, has gained 689 million global users since merging with Musical.ly in 2018.