With CES 2021 kicking off on Monday, the busiest week in the technology calendar has almost come to a close. The event may have evolved to be completely virtual, however the innovative content is still aplenty. Sign up on via our news section to receive your copy of the #CES2021 wrap-up report when we share it in our next ‘Hot Off the Press’ newsletter.
Scroll down to discover what Snapchat and TikTok have in store for this year and meet the South Korean content discovery platform that is pioneering machine-learning tech.
- Snap hopes for IRL events soon 👫 A new code will let users add event details into a sticker that they could then add to their Snaps, and invite their friends to join. We can’t wait to be social again!
- TikTok adds another AR effect 📹 This isn’t just any effect, but it’s a LiDAR effect. The new technology responds to the real-world environment and will be exclusive to the new iPhone 12 Pro.
- Discover more with Dable 📱 Dable is a “content discovery platform, which aims to connect users, media and content.” Machine-learning tech analyzes website visitors’ interests, and suggests content they will find interesting. The South Korean start-up is expanding to other Asian markets.
- Facebook shared the Games Marketing Insights Update for 2021, which shows that the mobile gaming audience has grown by 28% in the US since March 2020.
- According to research by Oberlo, users arriving on an ecommerce site via user-generated video content are 184% more likely to purchase a product.
- Crestline shared insights on why consumers follow a brand on social media. 50% say that they do so to learn about new products or services.