In this week’s FWD, we first look at Google’s Black-owned Friday initiative in partnership with the U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. which celebrates and supports Black-owned businesses by turning Black Friday into Black-owned Friday.
The search engine has teamed up with music artist Ludacris to launch a new song with a music video that features a range of shoppable products sourced from Black-owned businesses. Incorporating digital commerce, the video features more than 100 products, from over 60+ Black-owned businesses to push sales and brand awareness. All while highlighting the business owners, creators, athletes, and more.
- Snapchat has released a new report highlighting the rising potential of AR for marketing and promotion efforts, including 3D digital initiatives.
- Burberry has released a new digital clothing collection in collaboration with Minecraft, for the ‘modern explorer’ in a playable ‘Burberry x Minecraft universe.
- Mindler is an app designed for mental health support and treatment, allowing users to join video calls with licensed psychologists for quicker, easily accessible therapy.
- Netflix has announced that Chris Rock is set to host the first-ever Netflix live show on the streaming platform in early 2023.
- ITVX, ITV’s newest streaming service, will launch December 8th 2022, with over 10,000 hours of free programming including 250+ films and 200+ series.
- Snapchat team up with Strava to produce a new AR experience. Users can share visual reactions to their workouts, with real-time data.
- Meta releases ‘Galactica’ AI system, which summarizes academic literature, solves math problems and generates Wiki articles, based on a simple prompt.