This week’s top story covers the latest iOS 17 update from Apple. Forbes reports on the key upgrades, including:
- Contact Posters – Control how you appear to others when you call them.
- Live Voicemail – On-screen transcriptions as someone leaves a voicemail.
- Message Search – Improved layout and reply options.
- Facetime – Leave a video or audio when someone doesn’t pick up.
- Check-in – Let someone know you’ve arrived with the detection feature.
- Standby – While charging, your iPhone can show the time and photo albums.
- AirDrop – Share contact details via ‘NameDrop’.
- Maps – Download maps for offline use.
- Siri – Use Siri without ‘Hey Siri’.
TikTok x Billboard partnership: TikTok and Billboard launched an official TikTok Billboard Top 50 Chart by measuring the most popular songs on TikTok each week based on views, usability, and user engagement.
Pinterest’s new features: Pinterest’s new updates and features for users, advertisers, and agencies include showcase ads, quiz ads, Business Manager, mobile deep links and direct links, eCommerce integrations, and more.
X to charge all users for service: In a live-streamed conversation with Israeli Prime Minister, Elon Musk says X will charge all its users a ‘small monthly payment’ to use its service. He said the payment is necessary to tackle bots.
YouTube adds ‘Clips’ insights: YouTube adds new clips to insights to further inform content strategies within YouTube Studio. This will let users see how many clips have been created from your uploads and views generated.