OMD FWD w/c 2nd July
Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
World Cup fever is still gripping the globe! Check out these brilliant marketing tactics and the campaigns that have scored on social media. Also remember to follow our OMD World Cup Social Tracker to stay afoot of all the action, trends and conversations!
Are you screaming at the television during a penalty shoot-out or celebrating a goal with a selfie? Well, Facebook is listening and watching! The tech giant has patented television listening technology and ‘emotion detecting’ selfie filters.
- Snapchat launches shoppable snaps (through influencers)
- Apple have started again with its Maps app
- Facebook patent emotion tracking and television listening technology
- Voice search users spend nearly £200 through their assistants
- How IGTV is an open playground for content creation
- The latest in GDPR ‘optics’, and why full data transparency can be a turn off for consumers
- Why coffee and cars where a match made in heaven for Spanish football fans (until yesterday!)
- What the future of supermarket stores may look like, according to Tesco
- Music tutors should be very afraid
- Why Facebook has grounded its drone aspirations (but ramping its uses for FB live)
- A summary of the better examples of cultural World Cup social campaigns and ambush tactics
- Just how old pieces of rubbish became a digital history lesson for Amsterdam
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD