OMD FWD w/c May 16th
Netflix is the latest brand to inventively tie Snapchat into its promotional campaigns. Instead of simply sending out its own snaps, Netflix are asking fans of its original shows to interact with them while out and about. Using iconic characters from popular Netflix shows, including Frank Underwood (House of Cards) and Kimmy Schmidt (Unbreakable) passers by can Face Swap onto the billboards by taking a selfie using Snapchat. As facial recognition software gets better and better this is a brilliant example of leveraging Snapchat that can take over the internet through offline activity.
- Amazon launched an online video platform for content creators
- Instagram now has a new look there’s been mixed feedback, The Guardian offers this critique
- Facebook now supports not only 360 degree videos but now 360 photos too!
- Google photos update makes it easier to curate photos and challenges Facebook
- Apple has significantly backed Chinese Uber competitor Didi
- BT Sport have partnered with YouTube to make the Champions League and Europa Cup Final available live for free in the UK
- 43% of social media users don’t know where the articles they read originate
- Samsung Gear VR now has 1 million monthly active users
- Twitter says users trust influencers as much as their friends
- An early contender for the Christmas wish list – Google’s Tilt is a VR paint brush
- Netflix takes ‘Face-swap’ into the real world with these outdoor ads for House of Cards
- Ever wondered who held the world record for dancing drones? Well, it’s Intel with this amazing display
- Facebook’s algorithm has come under-fire for being biased, curating their Trending Topics or even worse, promoting conspiracy theories
- The long view on the rush to video, who’ll be the winners and losers
- Can wearables be as useful as they are good looking?