OMD FWD w/c March 27th
The season may have changed, but tech companies dominating the news certainly have not. This week sees fresh products from Facebook, a potential new revenue stream for Twitter, as well as custom sports gear from Adidas and a ‘Magic Calendar’ from Google.
- Facebook launches a new retailer-friendly ‘collection’ format and tests enhanced local search.
- Twitter is considering paid membership for power users.
- Snapchat is predicted to reach $3bn revenue by 2019.
- Deloitte’s report on future challenges for retailers.
- Bot analytics are here – some stats based on 1,000 bots in the market.
- Adidas Store in Berlin makes custom kit while you wait.
- The Magic Calendar, an Android Experiment from Google Japan.
- Sad but necessary rather than cool: Dutch town places traffic lights on the ground.
- Designing Facebook for Mobile VR.
- Amazon’s ambitions: stores for furniture, appliances, and more.
- And it’s only right to end with the unparalleled Ben Evans, this time on the end of smartphone innovation.
As always, please share anything interesting you see via #OMDFWD.