OMD FWD w/c 18th September
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of FWD. It’s been an exciting, and busy week for Apple as they launched the iPhone 8, iPhone X, an updated Smartwatch and the new ARKit. Talking of new technology, whilst Amazon’s Alexa Shop Assistant directs you to the right aisle and answers product questions, Facebook are hot on their heels quietly building their own voice assistant.
With online video consumption on the rise, research finds that six in ten European retail brands are already offering ‘TV-like’ online video experiences and are also on their way to becoming a media company. Lastly, say bye to auto-play videos with audio on Chrome, and prepare to share Instagram stories on your Facebook feed.
- Apple launched the new iPhone 8, iPhone X and the new Apple watch and are making it easy for developers to integrate AR into their apps with the new AR Kit
- Google to start blocking auto-play video with audio on Chrome
- Facebook is testing a way to share Instagram stories directly to Facebook
- 34% rise in global online video consumption
- 81% of European retailers see their future as a media company
- Real-time usage stats of some of the world’s most popular apps
- Facebook are rumoured to be building their own voice assistant
- Transparent speaker displays animated lyrics
- Alexa Shop Assistant helps you find the aisle your product is in
- All you’ve ever wanted to know about the rise of voice
- Why investors are investing heavily into AR and VR
- How Netflix transitioned to Digital Video after seeing the power of YouTube
As usual, please share anything you find interesting using the hashtag #OMDFWD