OMD FWD w/c 26th June
Hello and welcome to the post-Cannes edition of OMD FWD, where OMD Worldwide was named 2017 Cannes Lions Media Network Of The Year. Digital high fives all round!
Moving forward, Artificial Intelligence (AI) was a hot topic at Cannes. From outsmarting criminals to creating better relationships between brands and consumers, AI is showing its potential. Facebook is on top of it with its own chatbot platform, which enhances users’ experience with businesses and improves customer satisfaction. On the negative side, users still have concerns with privacy issues implicated with data. Accordingly, Google decided to stop gathering ad targeting information from mail content in hopes of showing their commitment towards their users.
Facebook also announced their plans to get into original TV programming, does this mean an entertainment war with Netflix is approaching? One would consider Netflix to be a step ahead, as they recently launched their new interactive TV program where viewers can make decisions for their favourite characters on the show.
As always, please share anything interesting you see via #OMDFWD.
- Google will no longer scan user emails for ad targeting opportunities
- McDonald’s and UberEATS to trial ‘McDelivery’ service in the UK
- Facebook is willing to pay up to $3m per episode for original TV content
- Gender representation in advertising is still unequal as men get four times as much screen time as women
- 63% of smartphone owners worldwide use their mobile device at least every 30 minutes, according to a new study from the IAB
- Everyone’s chatting about Chatbots, so here’s the current state of the market
- Netflix invites viewers to shape story narratives with interactive episodes
- Move over Ed Sheeran, this robot uses deep learning to write and play its own music
- Need help sorting your Lego? There’s an AI for that
- How smart gadget data is outsmarting criminals
- Could Amazon’s acquisition of Whole Foods lead to a retail revolution?
- Transparency is a hot topic, so here are 3 ways that agencies are delivering this to advertisers