Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
While the industry recovers from Cannes Lions 2018, it is a perfect time to reflect on the trends and #OMDCANNES highlights from Cannes and around the world. Still got FOMO? Don’t worry, the FIFA World Cup has been hotting up as quickly as the weather!
AutoTrader is getting in on the action, giving away a brand new car EVERY time England scores a goal, while the latest mobile craze HQ Trivia is using World Cup half-time quiz rounds to increase their ever-growing audience.
Follow our OMD World Cup Social Tracker to stay afoot of all the action, trends and conversations from Russia!
- Instagram is officially a broadcast video channel
- YouTube promptly announces premieres and channel memberships
- WhatsApp is trialling its payments feature with 1m users in India
- Facebook wants to tell you all the time you’re wasting…. on Facebook
- The future of music and the singles chart is changing
- Further evaluation of what the trends were at Cannes Lions (not that you really need it)
- Watch how the Weather Channel is creating a mixed reality to liven up its weather reports
- HQ Trivia attempt World Cup half-time quiz ‘special rounds’ to increase their audience, while Facebook want more gameshows of their own
- Why AutoTrader cared more than most about the state of the Panama defence
- Introducing Ping! and how it (and Shopify) could solve a cross-platform CRM need
- Introducing Crown, and whether stacks up against existing dating app behemoths
- Just how big voice activated search is purchases
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD