OMD FWD w/c 18th December
Hello and welcome to the final FWD of 2017! As we wrap up for the year, we have some final gifts from the tech universe for you to fill your stockings with! Bitcoin’s value is soaring, Google Maps is soon to tell us when it is time to get off the train or bus, and Twitter is making it easier to expand on our thoughts by creating Threads. Test it out now by sharing your view on the winner of Twitter’s ‘World Cup of Christmas Songs‘.
- Facebook is clamping down on posts that ask people for Likes or shares
- Twitter makes it easy for users to create Threads made up of related thoughts. Ralf Little will be happy
- Instagram now lets you follow hashtags
- 5 things we learned about influencer marketing this year
- New Facebook study highlights effectiveness of mobile video techniques
- 89% of Indian auto sales are now digitally influenced
- The Grand Tour returns for season 2 with rally cars powered by tweets
- As UK news brands begin publishing articles written by robots, is this the end for journalists?
- Google Maps will soon tell you when it’s time to get off your train or bus
- Industry predictions for 2018, by Forresters
- How advertising can power growth beyond Brexit
- As Bitcoin’s value soars, what is next for the digital currency?
And finally, as we look back across 2017, here are the top 5 clicked OMD FWD articles from the year:
- UK FMCG report
- Market report for the UK Retail-Beauty sector
- OMD EMEA’s ‘Retail Revolution: The Possibilities, Potentials & Pitfalls of Implementing AI’
- Five tech trends that will change the world in 2017
- Facebook Messenger begins testing ads
Merry Christmas and Happy #OMDFWD New Year to you all!