Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
World Cup fever is still gripping the globe! Check out these brilliant marketing tactics and the campaigns that have scored on social media. Also remember to follow our OMD World Cup Social Tracker to stay afoot of all the action, trends and conversations!
Are you screaming at the television during a penalty shoot-out or celebrating a goal with a selfie? Well, Facebook is listening and watching! The tech giant has patented television listening technology and ‘emotion detecting’ selfie filters.
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD
The Shallows is a twist on a classic story of human vs nature – the story of a shark attack in open water where Blake Lively’s character must use her survival skills to overcome all odds. Sony Pictures wanted to launch the movie by bringing to life the challenges she must overcome in a way that would captivate a younger audience. In close collaboration with FUSE, we put together a launch event where 12 internet celebrities from across the globe came together to take part in challenges in shark-infested waters. With professional camera crews on board, a drone camera and a mechanical shark fin, we were able to capture some fantastic footage of these YouTube stars that we are now sharing out across paid and owned channels.
The event ran just over a week ago, so the media campaign is still currently in progress – with a phased market by market rollout that continues until the end of August. Influencers involved include Cheng Loew – Germany, Valeriia Liubarskaya – Russia, Room 94 Members: Sean Lemon, Dean Lemon, Kieran Lemon and Kit Tanton – UK, Francesco Gentile – Italy, Bullysteria (Hector Trejo) – Mexico, Pauline Wang – France, Celopan – Spain, OllieGamerz – Spain and Federico Devito – Brazil.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Deliveroo unveiled telepathic food ordering, Honda introduced emoji registration plates, Carlsberg moved into gourmet burgers with The Carlsburger and Virgin Trains offered a 25% discount to customers who were willing to shovel coal. With brands vying for headlines this April’s Fools day, a time when brands are rewarded for being deceptive, impractical and hopefully funny, the million dollar question is, were you fooled? As ever, share anything interesting you spot with #OMDFWD
- Hot off the press, Twitter has won the rights to stream live NFL Thursday night games
- It was a poor year for April Fools, but here are the best and worst including this news grabbing one from Google
- Speaking of Google, you can now search for animal sounds and have the results delivered in audio
Happy Birthday Twitter! The social media platform celebrates its 10th anniversary since former CEO Jack Dorsey sent the very first tweet, “Just setting up my twttr”. To celebrate the occasion we take a look at the key moments, best tweets and ten interesting facts, including a history of promoted tweets, Oscar selfies and the #heforshe campaign. With such a rich history already, what can we expect in the next ten years? Share anything interesting you spot with #OMDFWD
- As Twitter celebrates its 10th birthday we look back at some of the key moments, the best tweets and 10 interesting facts from the social platform
- Facebook and WhatsApp pull the plug on their Blackberry apps
- Google launches their new suite of analytics, data and attribution tools, Google Analytics 360
- 7 proactive ways to jump-start your SEO before a site launch
- 5 ways to partner with influencers on Snapchat
- Fans who follow bands on Instagram spend more money on music and live streams according to Nielson study
- Flying drone can stay hidden underwater for months
- Find ways to analyse Facebook video performance
- Scientists have developed an algorithm, which identifies Tweets which have been written under the influence of alcohol