OMD FWD w/c 24th July
Hello and welcome to your friendly, neighbourhood weekly FWD!
As Comic-Con fever has taken over this week, the digital galaxy has been lit up as the tech giants take on their foes! While Facebook tackles fake news by preparing to let users pay for their favourite news content, Google is hunting down fraudulent ads and YouTube is going up against online extremism. There is also a new army of giants being built, this time from AI, that hope to protect us from future cyber-attacks.
Back on planet earth – have you ever wondered how to monitor your pets’ fitness? You can now measure it playing fetch with a high-tech rubber ball. And you’ll never go hungry in an Uber again as start-up Cargo aims to launch an in-Uber vending machine, giving new meaning to food on the go!
- Facebook to start putting certain Instant Articles behind a paywall
- Google are running secret tests to detect fraudulent ads sold on exchanges
- YouTube rolls out their anti-terrorism initiative to combat online extremism
- According to comScore, 5-6 second ads are the optimum length to grab a Millennials attention
- Check out the new IAB guidelines on how to best measure the effectiveness of your Podcasts
- Q2 branded content benchmarks. Mobile outperforms Desktop again
- Becoming the ‘Amazon Choice’ is how to become an individuals recommended brand when they order with Alexa
- Ever wondered how to monitor your pets fitness when playing catch? WONDER NO MORE
- Your fingerprint is now your passport. Delta airlines launches fingerprint boarding passes
- Feeling peckish in your Uber? A company called Cargo wants to launch In-Uber vending machines
- How Smartphone payments are wiping out cash in China
- The top 10 Digital trends affecting organisations and the world around them
- The best defence against cyber-attacks by Artificial Intelligence is being defended by another Artificial Intelligence.
and finally, The Rock shows us all how to get the best out of Siri
If you see anything of FWD worthy in the week ahead, please share using #OMDFWD