Brands Can’t Afford To Underestimate The Power Of Artificial Intelligence
The world of artificial intelligence (AI) is evolving rapidly, fulled by tech giant investment and disruptive entrants. However, the risk, as with so many earlier technologies, is that companies will focus on what the machines are capable of rather than what customers want. To keep you informed, we will be curating regular AI updates from our proprietary Retail Revolution study, news sources and industry statistics.
- 22% of Europeans surveyed are already using AI and another 41% would like to get an AI device or app[ctt_hbox link=”fRLdl” via=”no” ][/ctt_hbox]
- Half of Europeans have used a digital assistant. Although Amazon Echo is not the most used to date across our research panel, it is the most liked [ctt_hbox link=”vG6we” via=”no” ][/ctt_hbox]
- Those who are willing to share data are over 60% more likely to use mobile AI assistants including Google Home, Amazon Echo and Microsoft Cortana [ctt_hbox link=”1Ue_W” via=”no” ] https://ctt.ec/1Ue_W+[/ctt_hbox]
- Markets Insider: Brands Can’t Afford to Underestimate the Power of Artificial Intelligence
- Venture Beat: People, not tech companies, should pick their AI assistant’s personality
- Warc: What’s the road ahead for in-car marketing?
- According to McKinsey’s, tech giants spent an estimated $20 billion to $30 billion on AI in 2016 globally
- In 2015, messaging apps surpassed social networks as reported by Business Insider
- Gartner forecasts that by 2019 AI platform services will cannibalise revenues for 30% of marketing-leading companies
AI has the ability to drastically change the way brands can interact with people. The question for brands is how best to employ AI to create these experiences of the future. Embracing a consumer-focused planning approach ensures that you will consider the lives and routines of one or several of your target audiences, as well as the rights and role of the brand in these moments.
Want to explore the implications of AI for your brand’s business? Click here and get in touch