OMD FWD w/c 14th May
Hello and welcome to your weekly FWD.
This week you can drop it like it’s… a bitcoin, as the likes of Snoop Dogg gather for Blockchain Week to discuss crypto and the future of digital payments. Facebook’s jumping on the bandwagon with their own cryptocurrency,where you’ll be one click away from buying that celeb-status product straight from an ad that you really don’t need. Just don’t Google it – the Silicon Valley giant isn’t totally on board.
As you start to hit your ‘new’ button on Outlook, do so with the optimism that soon enough programs like Gmail could write your emails for you using AI to ‘smart compose’ messages. Let’s just hope auto-correct is on the ball with this one.
- All the news from Google’s 2018 I/O Keynote
- Instagram is set to add in call to action buttons for booking appointments, tickets and DMs alongside and Emoji Slider and Music Stickers
- Twitter looks to take on Telegram and others with DMs with end to end encryption
- Facebook has announced a restructure and could be launching their own cryptocurrency
- An inside look at the world of Esports
- A Harvard Business Review study has been studying the effect ad transparency and knowledge of targeting has on effectiveness. For those with an academic oeuvre and a lot of spare time the full study is here.
- The top 100 most shared brands in images on Instagram and Twitter
- Snapchat dating show Phone Swap makes move from small screen to TV
- #LetMeTalk, a celebrity led campaign uses silence on social to highlight the help with mental health
- The first ‘human free’ robot bank launches in Shanghai
- What do AI and Blockchain mean for the rule of law
How brands are turning to virtual influencers but they must still to take safety seriously and protect themselves from rights challenges
As always, please share anything you find interesting using #OMDFWD