This week was all about the Super Bowl as the industry competed in the annual battle of the ads. Our partners at PepsiCo featured more brands than ever, while Facebook and Amazon went head-to-head with the celebration of Facebook Groups vs. a look at life #BeforeAlexa. The latter became the most watched ad on YouTube during the game.
- Whistle-fluencer 📢 Meet Whistle, who say they can make you a viral superstar on TikTok disrupting traditional social media Influencer tactics.
- Keeping it casual 👚 Check out Dockers’ all new digital guide to help you transition from “Casual Fridays” to “Casual Everyday”.
- Data decor 👨💻 OMD USA’s George Manas discusses the implications of IKEA‘s new consumer data controls.
- When the walls can talk 💬 WIRED shares how smart home technology and the spaces we inhabit will be the next frontier in personalization.
- Google reveals for the first time that YouTube is an eye-popping $15 billion-a-year business.
- This animation shows the 57,000 planned satellites launching into orbit around Earth from 2017 through 2029.
- WhatsApp Pay is set to launch in many more countries in the next 6 months, with India and Brazil among the main drivers.
- Check out the top 10 Super Bowl ads based on digital share of voice.