It’s Christmas Eve and the end of the year is almost upon us, so it’s a perfect time to wrap up 2019 and spend some time considering forecasts for what 2020 will bring for digital marketing.
Thanks for all your comments, feedback and engagement with FWD this year. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
- Is that you Santa?? Facebook released new holiday features for its Messenger Kids app, including the ability for parents to play Santa. New masks and filters will be introduced throughout the holiday season.
- All I Want For Christmas… ? Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ may be Christmas Number 1, but (for some reason!) people stream the song on Spotify all year round. How many times have you listened to it so far?
- 12 best Xmas ads of ALL TIME! ? The release of Christmas adverts is one of the highlights of the festive period. Did your favorite ad make the cut?
- Sightseeing just got better ? Iconic landmarks are being given a Jumanji AR makeover on Snapchat as part of Sony Pictures’ new release.
- The Drum has released it’s Top 5 social media predictions for 2020. Influencer marketing is set to grow…differently. Social shopping is going to mature and stories become even more unstoppable.
- So, what happened in media in the 2000s? TV did not “die” as many expected. Instead, it grew globally by +20% over the decade.
- AR/VR, blockchains, chatbots, drones, self-driving cars. What happened to the ‘next big things‘?
- What will be the 10 key digital trends for 2020? From the ways in which upcoming elections will affect brands to how privacy laws are changing media budgets, click here to get up to speed.