We have begun 2020 with a front row seat to the future as OMD USA, together with our clients and partners from around the world, have descended on CES in Las Vegas to get a glimpse of the technology trends to watch.
CES is not just about the weird and wonderful gadgets. Check out the #OMDCES2020 coverage, as we continue our quest to find out what is resonating with consumers and discover new ways of delivering Better decisions, faster for our clients.
Away from the bright lights of Vegas, read on to discover the latest digital news and trends!
- Back to the future ?️ Mercedes-Benz premiered a new concept car called Vision AVTR at CES, inspired by the movie Avatar. Test drive, anyone?
- Super Bowl on 5G ? NFL’s CIO, Michelle McKenna, told CES that this year’s Super Bowl will be the first to offer 5G in-venue connectivity to fans.
- TikTok twinkles! ⭐ TikTok was the star platform for holiday campaigns, as beauty brands increasingly turn to TikTok Influencers.
- Hey mom, I’m on TV! ? Snapchat is launching Bitmoji TV, where your avatar can become the star of a personalized cartoon show.
- Facebook grew 600% in 10 years. How did the 2010s become the Facebook decade?
- Video AdTech company Tremor has bought Unruly from New Corp for $ 20million in shares, a far cry from the $90 million News Corp paid for it but with a commitment of future profits.
- Over 80% of users say Instagram helps them make purchase decisions, as the app is set to become a dominant DTC sales channel in 2020.
- Deep-dive into the numbers to decide what Amazon’s market share of the $6 trillion a year US retail space really is.