Meta’s Messenger is getting in the holiday spirit with some shiny new holiday updates. This includes influencer-inspired group AR effects, fresh Soundmoji options and a new test in the US market of bill-splitting within group chat threads. It’s interesting to note that to promote these features, Messenger has teamed up with TikTok influencers.
- ARound The World on Snap 👻 From light shows in Amsterdam to protecting the Great Barrier Reef, Snap has revolutionised AR to bring cultural events and social issues to life.
- Pinterest invests in creation 📹 Pinterest is ramping up its efforts in creator tools and video. So much so that this week it has acquired the video creation and editing app, Vochi.
Please pass the snacks 🍬 Snackpass allows users to pre-order food from selected local restaurants. In return, users can earn rewards that can be shared with a friend. The app also includes a social feed, and is geared towards university students.
- WhatsApp will be releasing 5 new features in 2022. From a ‘read later’ option to being able to hide your ‘last seen’ from specific contacts.
- The NFT craze continues. The Worldwide Asset eXchange, the largest non-fungible token (NFT) platform, is now worth $200bn.
- TikTok has launched a new app for its seller community in Indonesia. TikTok Seller has had 17,000 Android installations so far.
- Online shopping just got easier. eBay’s new viewing tool, called 3D true view, provides you with a 360-degree look at shoes for sale.