Just like that, Tokyo 2020 is drawing to a close. As well as Facebook’s Olympic Games Hub, we shared last week, Twitter has also laid out its Olympic tie-in marketing tools and tips for brand campaigns. Don’t forget to check out our latest Rapid Response on how OMD clients have led Olympic brand innovation here.
- TikTok introduces Stories 📱 TikTok joins the Stories club! TikTok Stories will disappear after 24 hours, and will be displayed in a collapsible left-hand side panel in the main feed of the app.
- WhatsApp View Once feature ☝️ WhatsApp is rolling out View Once photos and videos that disappear from chats after being opened, giving users even more control over their privacy.
- Virtual healthcare made better 👨⚕️ Wheel Care is a digital healthcare platform that helps clinicians deliver better care by targeting digital health companies, retailers & pharmacies, technology companies and labs & diagnostics. Their goal is to amplify virtual care and help the industry move forward.
- Looking back at Euro 2020, the final game between Italy and England generated 7.2 million tweets using the hashtag #ITAvENG.
- Ready for takeoff? American Airlines passengers now get 30 minutes of free TikTok access on all single-aisle planes.
- Instagram has announced that the Reels length limit is being extended from 30 seconds to 60 seconds for all users.
- YouTube announced plans to invest in original creator content for YouTube Shorts, with the introduction of a $100 million fund.