Last week Facebook announced its new corporate title, Meta. The new name is said to better reflect its emerging focus and goals, one of which is to win back younger users and re-establish itself as the connective platform of choice, over the likes of TikTok and Snapchat. Check out what Facebook’s metaverse future has in store.
- Microsoft Teams updates 💻 Microsoft is also looking to join the metaverse. Microsoft Mesh, coming to life in H1 2022, will introduce the likes of 3D avatars and immersive meetings.
- Instagram sparks conversation 💬 This week, the platform globally introduced an ‘Add Yours’ sticker to Stories, with the aim to create public threads that users can respond to.
Travel made much smoother 🚅 Journera partners with travel providers, marketers, and technologists to aggregate data and bring together a real-time view of a traveler’s journey. It helps improve travel experiences by strengthening loyalty and increasing engagement.
- It’s time to go green! Apple shared that 175 of its manufacturing partners are committing to using renewable energy.
- Facebook announced it’s expanding access to its Climate Science Information Center, to an additional 100 countries.
- On Reddit, there has been a 51% increase in YOY visitors sharing their knitting creations with like-minded enthusiasts.
- Google’s ‘Page Experience’ update and its 3.5 billion daily searches on the platform means it’s time to adapt your SEO strategy to stand out.