Want to master the art of working from home? The Verge released an online guide which is a one-stop-shop that shares some great tips and tricks to help you adjust to your ‘new normal’.
One thing that has almost stopped spreading is misinformation about coronavirus. WhatsApp reported a 70% decrease in messages containing false COVID-19 news. The “info-demic” may have reached the peak, but certain messages are still floating around on the app.
- Facebook brings images to life ? Want your ‘Stories’ to pop? Introducing the new ‘Animate’ feature which will allow users to add motion to stills, making content more eye-catching and engaging.
- Get ready for the #MonthOfGood ? Looking to spread kindness? Instagram announced an initiative celebrating the generosity of Ramadan. Get involved by using #MonthOfGood.
- Brands give back on TikTok ?TikTok has partnered with your favourite brands to bring users unique offers. From bouquet deliveries to online therapy sessions, this app has your back.
- It’s time to tip on Spotify! ? The music streaming platform now allows people to tip artists and donate money to charity. This will help those in the music industry that have felt the COVID-19 hit.
- The video conferencing app, Zoom, has been downloaded a record-breaking 20 times more than its 2019 Q4 weekly average.
- Facebook is rolling out a new feature called Messenger Rooms which allows up to 50 people join a virtual hangout.
- The controversial 5G data will run at around 10 gigabytes per second, which is twenty times faster than its predecessor 4G.
- A new report from Guggenheim Securities says Disney+ will have 226 million worldwide subscribers by the end of the fiscal year 2024.