Can you believe we are already halfway through 2020? It’s fair to say that it has been a whirlwind of a year.
We all want the best for our furry friends. Featuring a virtual veterinary service, check out the second segment of our brand new start-up section. Due to social distancing, appointments for pets are difficult to plan. PetPro Connect aims to unite pet owners with over 5,000 clinics. Purr-fect right?
- Facebook is on the dark side ? Facebook is trailing a new makeover. Dark mode will be on Facebook mobile after success on apps such as WhatsApp and Instagram. Which do you prefer?
- Goodbye to the Disney Channel ? Who remembers the Disney Channel? The kids channel will cease to exist as of October 1st 2020. But have no fear, all the content will be available on Disney+.
- Quibi isn’t going as expected…? The short-form video platform fell out of the top 50 most downloaded within a week of its launch, and only attracted 1.5 million active users by the end of May.
- Google is helping small biz ?The shopping search service will primarily feature free product listings instead of paid ads. This will boost any biz that is struggling during the pandemic.
- Calling all the pet parents ?️ Our client, Boehringer Ingelheim, has introduced a new TeleVet service called PetPro Connect. Pet owners can schedule a virtual appointment from a selection of 5,000+ clinics.
- 22% – According to the Online Nation 2020 Report conducted by Ofcom, 22% of all UK adults own a smart speaker device in the home.
- 15 – YouTube is trialing short 15-second video clips that can then be merged into one video in a feature called multi-segment videos.
- 0.2% – Mixer, the video game streaming site by Microsoft is closing. Mixer saw 0.2% growth in viewership year-over-year as of April this year.
- $15b – The consumer spend on iOS products hit $15 billion in Q1 2020. This makes iOS users some of the most valuable on the market.