Tokyo 2020 has officially kicked off and social media giants have joined in on the action. First up is the Facebook Games Hub, which hosts all the latest news coming straight from Tokyo, with features like the history of the Games, highlighted posts from friends and real-time alerts on the current sporting events if you follow the Hub.
- Instagram Stories understands 🗨️ Instagram has added another way to improve accessibility, with the global expansion of 90 language text translations within Instagram Stories.
- Spotify + Giphy partnership 😂 The Spotify-linked artist gifs will enable subscribers to better connect with their favourite artists and songs, for a unique visual and sound collaboration.
Sustainable scooters are here 🍃 Voi is an e-scooter company with a mission to facilitate accessible mobility to those navigating cities, in an environmentally friendly way. Voi scooters have reduced air and noise pollution, while also reducing traffic gridlock.
- Gaming is making its mark on all fronts. Snap Inc. has reported that 30 million Snapchat users play games each month on average.
- Twitter has released its Q2 earning results and the Monetisable Daily Active User (mDAU) count is now up to 206M, an increase of 11% YoY.
- During Tokyo 2020, the Olympics Broadcasting Services will produce more than 9,500 hours of content using thousands of microphones and camera systems.
- LinkedIn has surpassed a significant milestone, with platform revenue now exceeding $10 billion for the first time in the fiscal year, up 27%.