In this week’s FWD, we will first cover the new findings from a Pew Research Center study that explores TikTok usage.
The new report revealed that TikTok is making waves in how people consume their news, with 33% of TikTok users admitting to regularly getting their news from the social video app – that’s up from 22% in 2022.
- YouTube has outlined a new monetization program for ‘shorts’ creators including revenue share on ads, helping to support the next wave of creative entrepreneurs.
- Walmart has created two new virtual worlds on Roblox to engage younger shoppers, including ‘Walmart Land’ and ‘Universe of Play’.
- Blinkist is a mobile app that gives users summarized notes from more than 2,500 non-fiction books. The notes are produced as audio podcasts or 15-minute reads.
- YouTube will now allow content creators to use licensed music for content and enable creators to make money from it.
- Instagram confirms that videos under 60 seconds in stories will no longer be split into segments.
- Facebook adds new Pages features to help creators connect with fans and help to be discovered on the platform.
- TikTok invests in #BookTok community in a new partnership with Penguin Random House, allowing users to share/link their favorite books.