In other news, read on to hear about the latest AR release from Google & Disney, a sound update from Snap, and a startup helping people understand energy: Tibber.
- Google + Disney = AR magic ? Brace yourselves Star Wars fans… The Mandalorian AR experience is here. Players can interact with characters and capture scenes from the app to share.
- Snap is focusing on sounds ? Snap has acquired Voisey, a UK startup that features instrumentals to overlay on Snaps. Users can apply audio filters and browse other people’s tracks.
Be in control of your power ? Tibber uses AI to supply users with transparent pricing on renewable energy. The app pairs with smart home devices to provide real-time analytics about a user’s energy consumption.
- Facebook Live has made a comeback. The usage of Facebook Live has increased by 26.8% YoY in Q2 2020 and is very likely to continue this pattern in 2021.
- Shopping on Instagram is rising. 70% of shoppers use the Instagram mobile app as a place to discover new brands and products.
- 2020 has been the year of embracing touch-free options. Research shows that 24% of customers are planning to use contactless cards more.