This week is Black Friday, and gone are the days of long queues and store stampedes. With most deals and steals taking place online this year, it’s hard to know where to browse first. Click here to find out what Israel Mirsky, Global Head of Technology and Emerging Platforms, has to say about what the annual retail event looks like in the wake of a pandemic.
In other news, read on to hear about the latest AR release from Google & Disney, a sound update from Snap, and a startup helping people understand energy: Tibber.
- Google + Disney = AR magic ? Brace yourselves Star Wars fans… The Mandalorian AR experience is here. Players can interact with characters and capture scenes from the app to share.
- Snap is focusing on sounds ? Snap has acquired Voisey, a UK startup that features instrumentals to overlay on Snaps. Users can apply audio filters and browse other people’s tracks.
Be in control of your power ? Tibber uses AI to supply users with transparent pricing on renewable energy. The app pairs with smart home devices to provide real-time analytics about a user’s energy consumption.
- Facebook Live has made a comeback. The usage of Facebook Live has increased by 26.8% YoY in Q2 2020 and is very likely to continue this pattern in 2021.
- Shopping on Instagram is rising. 70% of shoppers use the Instagram mobile app as a place to discover new brands and products.
- 2020 has been the year of embracing touch-free options. Research shows that 24% of customers are planning to use contactless cards more.