This week’s FWD features TikTok’s announcement of ‘TikTok LIVE’, a subscription-based service allowing creators to increase their earnings whilst still growing their community. The service provides the opportunity for engaged communities to thank their favourite creators on a regular basis with subscriber perks including subscriber badges, custom emotes, and subscriber-only chat.
TikTok LIVE allows creators to inspire, entertain and connect with engaged communities in real-time and will initially be available to invite-only creators this month and then will become available globally over the coming months.
- Instagram’s first brand refresh in over five years embraces “squircles” by introducing an illuminated gradient and logo-inspired brand typeface.
- eBay has been announced as this year’s Love Island sponsor, as a result of stainability concerns following the previous promotion of fast fashion.
- Hudl offers digital analytic tools to evaluate an athlete’s performance via video. Coaches and athletes at various levels, from professionals to high schoolers, can use Hudl.
- Facebook’s Content Report provides transparency and context about what people are seeing on Facebook i.e. most viewed posts.
- Twitter’s new crisis misinformation policy guides efforts to elevate credible information and ensure misinformation is not amplified during a crisis.
- Chipotle’s latest mixed reality ad merged live programming and a commercial break with a hand breaking through an ice rink to grab a burrito bowl.
- Gucci seeks the next generation of esports talent by launching a new gaming academy, partnering with Faceit on the initiative.