It’s so important to stay up to date with the latest news and information on coronavirus, but it is equally as important to be aware of the content you are consuming and look after your mental health at this time. Therefore, FWD will be used to spread some of the more positive and reassuring news and trends emerging from the life-changing pandemic.
Want to join the biggest WhatsApp group ever made? The World Health Organisation has created a group chat with the potential to reach 2 billion people. All you need to do is activate the chat by saying “hi” and it will keep you up to date with the latest coronavirus information.
TikTok are the latest digital platform to pledge a donation to the WHO COVID-19 response efforts. The $10 million donation will help carry out important work such as sending supplies to key workers and accelerating efforts towards treatment and vaccination research.
- Who let the dogs out? 🐶 Miss grabbing a drink with your friends? Have no fear! BrewDog has created an online bar experience to encourage social distancing behaviours.
- They’re taking time apart…🍟 The McDonald’s golden arches have been separated as a way to creatively inform and educate the public on the spreading of the coronavirus.
- Live is the new black 💻 Streaming live is one of the only ways we can communicate today. Twitter updated its real time video feature so you can add people before a broadcast begins.
- The lower it is, the better 📱 Facebook is the latest to reduce video quality to ease strain on internet service providers. The change will use less data with little difference in picture quality.
- A 3D ventilator prototype was designed and produced after a project on Facebook attracted 300 engineers and researchers.
- Houseparty, the group video chatting app, has topped the charts as the download rate was 323x higher than the average in February.
- According to influencer marketing agency Obviously, engagement on TikTok has increased by 27% from February to March.
- Around 64% of UK consumers say they intend to buy more products online in the future to avoid physical contact and be socially distant.