YouTube has identified the areas that are making the most waves in the tech & media world right now. Last week, it officially launched the initial beta of its TikTok-like ‘Shorts’ to selected users in the US. This week, it announced new e-commerce features including one that displays a list of products detected in videos.
- Find your perfect fit with Snap 👚 Snap has acquired Berlin-based start-up, Fit Analytics. The platform uses tech to help shoppers find the right-sized apparel and footwear from online retailers.
- Amazon branches into telehealth 🏥 Up until now, Amazon’s Care app-based services have only been available to the company’s employees in Washington. This Summer, it will expand statewide.
Create inclusive conversations 🗣️ Voiceitt has designed a linguistics algorithm that learns atypical speech patterns and supports spoken communication. You can even pair the programme with Amazon Alexa.
- Roblox, the platform for Lego-like user-generated games, went public in a direct listing with a $41.9 billion valuation. This means investors can now sell shares.
- The digital artist, Beeple, sold NFT (non-fungible tokens) for $69 million. This puts him “among the top three most valuable artists,” according to Christie’s.
- Facebook has announced that over $5 billion has been raised through its donation tools on both its main platform and Instagram combined.