By 2026, it’s predicted that 25% of people will spend at least one hour a day in the metaverse for work, shopping, social, or entertainment. It’s also expected that 30% of the organisations around the world will have products and services ready for the metaverse, according to Gartner.
- The Premier League are set for an NFT deal worth as much as £434 million. The final shortlist is reportedly Sorare, Candy Digital, Dapper Labs and ConsenSys.
- To provide insight on user engagement, Instagram has introduced story likes. The new feature lets the creator know, without having to start up a DM conversation.
- Sellou is a new digital marketplace reshaping the way people buy and sell goods online. The Sellou app allows users to display products they’d like to sell with special filter overlays; purchased products are then immediately shipped globally via the platform.
- Nearly 50% of TikTok users said that videos longer than one minute were stressful – however, the platform will still push for longer video features in the future.
- Amazon plans to open 60 more grocery stores. The ecommerce giant will also sell Morrisons, Boots and the Co-Op products to prime members.
- On Twitter you can now pin up to 6 DM conversations to the top of your inbox. Pins are a useful way to keep a handful of conversations easily accessible.
- Facebook reels are becoming globally available in more than 150 countries. The feature is a key part of Meta’s response to the TikTok threat.