Ouch Charlie! Remember that video? On YouTube it garnered over 881 million views since its upload in 2007, but it is now being deleted from the platform forever. On May 23rd, the video is being sold for auction as an NFT (non-fungible token). NFTs are digital assets that hold value as a crypto token that are unique and can’t be exchanged.
- It’s a VIP Twitter experience ? A new service, Twitter Blue, is currently being tested. From $2.99 per month, it will include an exclusive Undo Tweets feature and bookmark collections.
- Virtual concerts are here to stay ? As venues reopen, some are cautious to return to packed, indoor events. Spotify is launching a new streaming service so you won’t miss out on your favourite bands.
Plant-based food favourites ? Neophyto Foods is a Canadian food tech start-up that creates plant-based options of popular foods. After launching in November 2020, Neophyto Food’s Neokits (plant-based meat kit) are now available in over 40 Canadian stores.
- The Snap Consumer AR 2021 report shared that interacting products that have AR experiences leads to a 94% higher conversion rate.
- This year, Facebook was used as a tool to spread the love and celebrate Ramadan. The hashtag #monthofgood was used 5 million times globally.
- By partnering with Google, Shopify will give its 1.7 million merchants (and counting) the ability to reach consumers through Google Search and other services.