As the #BlackLivesMatter and #Pride movements continue to spread important messages via social media, Juneteenth is also approaching this Friday. All Omnicom agencies will be taking the day off to reflect on the challenges that we face globally and locally relating to discrimination.
There is no shortage of insightful content designed to educate ourselves, and how we can all help support racial equality and anti-racism. We urge you to spend Friday further listening and learning – check out these resources from OMD EMEA and OMD USA as well as the materials compiled by your local communities.
- Meet the “Distance Assistant” 👩💻 AI has helped the world cope with COVID-19 in many ways. Amazon has introduced the “Distance Assistant” to help workers follow safety guidelines.
- Pride Month isn’t cancelled 🏳️🌈 Parades have been cancelled across the globe, but Pride is still going ahead! Instagram has reintroduced multiple rainbow features to help celebrate.
- Send money via WhatsApp 💸The instant messaging service is trialing digital payments with users in Brazil. Who needs a sort code when you have a telephone number? Bye-bye banking.
- PlayStation 5 launch hype 🎮 The gaming sphere went crazy following Sony’s PS5 announcement. Coronavirus means more time at home, which means more time for gaming right?
- Governments and news organisations are trusted by 59% of respondents in the 2020 Reuters Institute Digital News Report.
- There has been a 520% increase in search for video-conferencing and online software tools from Jan 1st, 2020 – May 5th, 2020.
- In just five weeks Disney’s SVOD service claimed a 16.8 percent subscribers share by the end of April, says Omdia survey data.
- The Advertising Standards Authority’s Annual Report 2019 said 26% of all online ad complaints last year involved influencers.