After a weekend of celebrations for Lunar New Year, check out how Facebook and Instagram honoured the Year of the Ox. The actions brands have taken to maintain and grow under the #unprecedented conditions of the past year hold lessons for our industry the world over, and much of that innovation was on display – click here for our round up of insights from across the APAC region.
- Alexa, please greet our guests 🚪 Knock knock! Amazon has announced that Alexa can be added to your Ring Video Doorbell Pro device. Alexa Greetings will cost an extra $3 a month.
- Multi-participant live-streams 📱 Currently, only two people can go live together. Instagram is planning to launch multi-participant IG Live video chats within the next few weeks.
21st century farming fun 👨🌾 Farming Dynamics is a software as a service (SaaS) start-up for farmers. The software and data science tools help farmers with financial planning and budgeting. Plus, the start-up’s insights platform provides analysis for day-to-day farm operations to improve efficiencies.
- Marketing suite, Squarelovin, published data about Instagram and predictions for 2021, including how 78% of brands have shoppable Instagram accounts.
- Mobile gaming has surged in popularity. EA has announced plans to acquire mobile gaming company, Glu Mobile, in a deal worth $2.4 billion.
- The value of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies keeps on rising. Bitcoin has risen to a new record high of more than $50,000 (£36,000).