Instagram is the latest channel to be banned for 80 million users in Russia by its government, this follows the banning of Twitter and Facebook last week. Russia’s communications regulator gave users a 48-hour grace period to say goodbye to the popular app.
- Twitter launches a beta experiment Twitter Shops, where merchants can handpick a collection of up to 50 products to showcase to shoppers on Twitter.
- To help more artists get their music heard, TikTok launches SoundOn. It’s own marketing and distribution platform, paying 100% royalties to music creators.
- Nate is changing how consumers shop online. Nate’s commerce platform allows users to shop from any retailer via the app and offers an instalment payment plan option, the ability to text friends gift cards, and more.
- With a predicted $15.2 billion in influencer marketing opportunities in 2022, Instagram launches its Creator Lab to support creators in building a long-term career.
- LinkedIn is set to become the first social network to be used in the same way by 4 different generations as it starts to attract Gen Z through new features.
- Amazon to shut all of its 68 brick-and-mortar bookstores, pop-ups, and shops carrying toys and home goods in the US and UK as its grocery chain expands.
- In Twitter’s latest viral debate, 53.6% of people concluded there are more wheels in the world than doors. What do you think, are you team wheels or doors?