This crazy year may almost be over, but the tech world is still working behind the scenes to make it a safer place. Over in Europe, the EU Digital Services Act will bring in tighter rules for tech giants. The same is also happening across the pond. The FTC has ordered large social video platforms to explain exactly what they do with our data.
The news doesn’t stop there – scroll down to discover what Facebook and Instagram have in store and how a start-up is helping soccer players up their game.
- Make sweet music with Collab ? Facebook has publicly launched Collab, an experimental music-making app that first launched as an invite-only beta back in May. They do say collaboration is key!
- Insta Reels adds shopping tags ?️ Instagram is going full steam ahead with its e-Commerce push. The new shopping tags option enables creators to add product listings to their Reels clips.
Soccer made better with Playr ⚽ Playr is an innovative wearable device to help improve performance and reduce injuries. Using the app, the wearable tracks data and analytics to make players the best they can be.
- Digital healthcare is the future. Research by the Nuffield Trust, found that 63% of UK adults would have a video consultation with their GP.
- Samsung Electronics Ltd and TikTok have a new app that brings trending content into the home. The content has been organised into 12 categories.
- Reddit revealed that it now has 52 million daily users, and the number appears to be growing quickly. This is a 44% increase YoY.